Sunday 4 September 2016

R.I.P. XI challenge

September is here and that means Carl's R.I.P. challenge is with us once again. Here's the link to his R.I.P. XI post.


R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI takes place from September 1st, 2016 through October 31st, 2016.

The kind of books to read for this challenge are:

Mystery
Suspense
Thriller
Gothic
Horror
Dark Fantasy

There are only two expectations if you want to participate with us:

1. Have fun reading (and watching*).
2. Share that fun with others.

There are multiple levels of participation so that you can imbibe as much, or as little, as you desire/as time permits, and still consider yourselves a part of this community event.


I'll be doing Peril the First.


Read four books, of any length, from the very broad categories earlier defined as perilous. They could all be by the same author, a series of books, a random mix of classic and contemporary or whatever you like.


I've created a shelf on Goodreads, listing a pool of books I'd like to read from. The link for that is here. I hope everyone who takes part enjoys the challenge and thanks as always to Carl for hosting.

~~~oOo~~~

8 comments:

BooksPlease said...

Glad you're taking part. I'll look at your Goodreads shelf.

DesLily said...

Grrrrr... can't thank you enough! I ordered a used copy of the John Connelly book! gah! I can't even read the books I have! lol lol.. I hope you have fun for RIP!!

Kailana said...

Hope you find some treasures on there!!

Kay said...

Cath, looks like some promising reads. Fall is just perfect for reading these type of books. Enjoy!

TracyK said...

I am just now working on a post to join R.I.P. XI. I would love to read The Moonstone or The Woman in White, but they are so long, I would get nothing else read.

Bev Hankins said...

Good luck, Cath! Thanks for stopping by my sign-up. I'm off to take a peek at your list.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Don't you just love Goodreads? I wish I did more with it. I go through spurts of really keeping up with it and then I neglect it, but despite that, it truly is a wonderful site/resource.

So glad to see you back with us again for RIP. After a year off of hosting, I'm very excited to get back to it.

Cath said...

Margaret: Yes, I'm taking part... RIP is probably my favourite of Carl's challenges.

Pat: LOL! Sorry about that. He's an amazing writer though.

Kelly: I think I will find a treasure or two.

Kay: I love fall/autumn and yes... perfect for settling down in a comfy chair with a good RIP book.

Tracy: Those two books are long and that's probably why I keep putting them on my RIP lists and not getting to them. LOL!

Bev: Thanks. I love Goodreads for making book lists.

Carl: I adore Goodreads. I have so many shelves it's ridiculous. I left it for several years but tend to keep up with it religiously now. And I have found so many excellent book recs.

Thank you, glad to be doing the challenge again.