Friday 6 January 2017

Vintage Mystery Scavenger Hunt Wrap-up post

I thoroughly enjoyed doing Bev's Vuntage Mystery Scavenger Hunt last year. Loads of fun filling in the categories and reading some very good vintage mysteries. Anyway, time for the wrap-up post.


I did the Golden era board which meant reading at least 6 crime books published up to 1960. I read 12 books in all and these are they:


1. The Franchise Affair - Josephine Tey, 1948, Spooky House.

2. A Mystery in White by J.Jefferson Farjeon, 1937, Christmas tree.

3. Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers, 1923, Dead Body.

4. Miss Pym Disposes by Josephine Tey, 1946, More than two people

5. Death of an Airman by Christopher St. John Sprigg, 1934, Plane.

6. To Love and Be Wise by Josephine Tey, 1950, Building other than house.

7. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie, 1926, Telephone.

8. The Judge's House by Georges Simenon, 1940, Bird.

9. The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey, 1951, Jewellry.

10. The Labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie, 1947, Any other animal.

11. The Singing Sands by Josephine Tey, 1952, A body of water.

12. The Santa Klaus Murder, 1936, A yellow object.

~~~oOo~~~

4 comments:

BooksPlease said...

I enjoyed this challenge too. I don't normally take much notice of the book covers, unless I think they're particularly beautiful, or off-putting, so it added an extra element I thought. And I enjoyed the vintage mysteries. I've read some of your books, but Miss Pym Disposes is the only one we have in common for this challenge.

Nan said...

I really think this challenge sounds like so much fun. And I thank you again for introducing me to JT.

Bev Hankins said...

Great job, Cath! Thanks for joining me in my mystery challenges.

Cath said...

Margaret: It was huge fun wasn't it? Mainly because the vintage mysteries I read were so good but also it was so much fun studying the covers to find the right article.

Nan: It was such a lot of fun. My pleasure, I'm only sorry that I have just one of her books left to read.

Bev: Thankyou! My pleasure.